Sorry for the big delay, but here are finally some pictures of our Christmas holidays in mainland Norway and from our trip to meet the Fosters in Zagreb.
I went to Oslo a week before Jessica, I spent some time in Oslo building snowmen with Julie and visiting my Dad's new office building. Super fancy.
Then Jessica arrived and we just spent one night in Oslo before we headed further south to meet with the Fosters. We had an amazing time in Zagreb, pleasantly surprised with how hot it was. We had great food, wine, weather and some more wine. Zagreb was surprisingly nice, I didn't have too high of hopes before we went, but it had a really nice atmosphere to it. Some how I think it might have to do with the fact that Zagreb is a big city, the capitol of Croatia, yet I recon they don't see a lot of tourism, compared to the Croatian cities along the southern coast. The country has a very strange history, leading all the way up to the 90's, they have just joined the EU, and in a way I'm happy we got to tour the city before the euro sets in. Best way to describe Zagreb was the market, where we had a fun time buying the christmas turkey. Led by a vegan, and a three year old holding hands, we found our way down to the under ground market (!) the meat section, looking for something she wouldn't eat and I had no recollection of ever seeing except packed in filet sizes at the super market. We ended up with a pretty big bird, biggest we had ever seen, and Steph prepared it perfectly. Anyhow, what I wanted to say was, the market was full of local Croatians. It seemed like everyone in Zagreb would come here, simply to do their everyday shopping. The market was huge, with a separate fish and a separate meat section, and fresh flowers for very cheap prices.
INSERT CROATIA PICTURES HERE - They will be coming we promise, just have to both be in the same place for a little while to get the photos from the camera :) stay tuned!
Heading back to Norway, Jessica ended up staying an extra day in Zagreb... for no reason at all it turned out... and we had some nice days with the Norwegian family, even managed to squeeze in a day in the mountains and new years eve with my parents who were babysitting Oliver and Mia.
I stayed in Norway for another week, topping off my long holiday with my grandmothers 90th birthday.
So fun! Thank you so much for coming to visit so glad you had a great time! and I think i know the reason for Jessie's extra day in Zagreb and I think it's called wine!!! LOL
ReplyDelete