One night, the four of us went out for dinner and some drinks at Svalbar. Lars and Øyvind were feeling a little adventurous and wanted to try the floats. There was a porter float, made with vanilla ice cream and a porter, and then there was a good old fashioned root beer float. Which I grew immediately nostalgic for, and the rest of them just looked at me silly. They didn't have a clue what root beer was and what the deal was with the ice cream?
They asked the waiter (who was swedish) and all he could do was explain that it was a pop with ice cream in it, but that didn't quite quench their curiosity. They still didn't know what root beer was. The reason for it being on the menu is, the chef is American. So the waiter had to go in and ask for an explanation as to what root beer was. Sassafras! I could not for the life of me remember the name of the plant.
They ordered one of each, with the intention of sharing them. I died laughing when they came out, because here are these two large men drinking floats from fancy glasses in a dark bar! I loved it. Lars was not a fan of either the porter or the root beer float, so needless to say, Øyvind finished them both up! :)
Thanks again for coming up to visit! We had an excellent weekend with the two of you.


No comments:
Post a Comment