Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer time.

It was so nice to have some summer time vacationing. Our visit to Canada was so packed that I was really happy I didn't start work for three days after coming home because I was so exhausted. Too much party :)

Honestly though we had such a great time in the borough and at the wedding and at ALL other activities planned and unplanned. Our stop in Norway was too short but very sweet and we're so happy to get to spend time in Kjerringvik with family. It was such a delight!

Since being home I haven't yet taken off my toque while being outdoors, however I do get to wear sunglasses at night, so I can't complain too much. We've gone for a few short walks just surveying how much everything has changed (mainly the amount of snow melting that has gone on) since we left. It is so much greener here than I thought possible. Lots of flowers are in bloom and growing everywhere, some of which are nearly 15 cm tall!

We have a few photos from some of our walks and of our new dog. We were just borrowing him for a camping trip on my birthday and planning on bringing him with us on our trip at the end of the month. But we're gonna keep him :) His name is Sprint.

My birthday was great, I was up for work bright and early, but that's ok because it turned out to be the longest birthday I've ever had. I've never felt a year older whenever my birthday has come, but for some reason this one has made me think about my age. I feel a little older at 25. Oskar had waffles and presents ready for me when I got home with some red wine. We sat in the sun just outside our back door for about an hour and then packed up dinner and walked up the hill behind our house. We made tacos and had a fire and just sat in the sunshine for hours with Sprint and our friend Espen. It was a perfect, relaxing evening.

The next day we went out to Bjørndalen (the next valley over where you can see across the Isfjord) and set up our tent. We had two beautifully sunshine filled days and good food. We walked along the small river and played at the beach (mostly stone skipping because the water is nearly zero degrees).

So here are a few photos of the short trip and reindeer outside our window.





 Up the hill in our backyard. Oskar is just so enthused!
 
 

 An Arctic Tern lounging on the roadside.
Bjørndalen. Oskar doesn't seem to get enough sleep up here :)
 A grouse in the backyard, Oskar saw him when he was on his way home from work, I didn't notice he was there.
 Sprint
 My birthday dinner in the backyard.

 Longyearbyen! With not much snow.
 Loving the sunshine.





 Bjørndalen trip.

 Isfjorden and the sunshine coast in the background! It's always sunny on the other side of the fjord.


Much Love!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a nice birthday! Looks like a relaxing time. I like Sprint.
    I think from here I could hear Oskar say in that picture on the hill...."that's pretty neat!" bahahaha.
    miss you love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place to celebrate your birthday! yeah 25 is a milestone and you sure are making great memories for this birthday!
    xo

    ReplyDelete