Sunday, August 3, 2014

Spain with the Fosters

I just finally got around to adding the photos to this post. It's been awhile. :) I've had this sitting in my drafts folder forever. I figured it's better late than never though and I'm hoping you guys feel the same.

Ok so, shortly after returning to Longyearbyen from Christmas holidays, I took some time off and went to Spain. Such a hard life.

I arrived in Albir around 02:00 in the morning and was a tired hungry girl. The juice boxes in the fridge are what got me through the night. :)


The Fosters weren't arriving until the late afternoon the next day, so I used that time to do a little shopping for some much needed things: breakfast, toilet paper, seeing eye glasses! Yes, I now have glasses, and I can see again, it's great. This is old news by now! :)



Although it was February and we didn't have crazy warm weather, there were still several days where the adults sat outside in the sunshine during nap time and drank cava in our bathing suits.









We had a great trip to the zoo outside Benidorm. It's so smart to go to the zoo in the off season. There weren't a million people, it was still very warm for us, and all the animals weren't dying of heat exhaustion so they were actually up and walking around. The monkeys were especially entertaining. We saw everything, and Jackson ran almost the whole way. We also go quite close to the tiger!











The day at the beach was lots of fun. Jack was so excited about the entire beach being made of rocks and started throwing them back in the sea one at a time. We did this for quite some time. Kurtis was even ok with the beach time, because sand didn't get everywhere.





Thank you so much Fosters for meeting me in Spain and thank you so much Øyvind and Merete for letting us use the Spain house. We had a great time.











1 comment:

  1. These photos are beautiful! And such a great idea about the off season :) Thanks for sharing ox

    ReplyDelete