A couple days after my mom left, Øyvind and his friend Lars came up for a short weekend visit. We're so lucky to have people come up and visit us. It's always so nice to have visitors!
There were trips to the dog yard, drives up to Mine 7, many a dinner out, and lots of beer, wine and cognac were had.
We went on a nice little trip up Platåberget where it was so windy that when I didn't have my bag on I was being pushed around! This just goes to show how heavy my bag was, not how small I am! :)
We had a little photo shoot at the top and then turned around and came back down. It was much too windy to be sitting up there for long.
On the way back down we had a stop at one of the wooden trestles that used to carry the coal buckets across town, from the mines to the quay. We sat in the sunshine for a little while and looked out at Hjortfjellet.
Ivar was really into us taking a break and took advantage of everyone being down at his height.
On Saturday night there was a bluegrass concert happening at Huset with the local bluegrass band called Blåmyra Bluegrass (literally blue marsh Bluegrass, one of the areas in town that has blue apartment buildings is called Blåmyra) and then another (apparently famous in Norway) band called Lucky Lips. Our local band is just adored in Longyearbyen and no one wanted to see their show end because they haven't played since last year. They're not a very good band but they play fun music and everyone in town goes to their shows!
We also had a short private tour of the wine cellar at Huset with Tommy. I swear Oskar and I could give the tour ourselves we've been so many times, not that I'm complaining!
Thanks again Øyvind and Lars for visiting, it was really nice to see you up here.
So wish we could visit! Sky looks so bright blue! See you guys in a few days! XOXO
ReplyDelete