Not that there isn't lots to do on a Friday night up here, but we just thought it would be fun, or rather smart, to practice using our avalanche beacons. Because really, who doesn't love a game of hide and seek the beacon? With wine of course. So me, Oskar and our friend Espen hung out in our back yard for an hour or so and played with our beacons. Although you can't see it very well in these photos all THREE of us are actually wearing one-pieces and are extremely comfortable and completely aware of our ridiculous appearance! Although it may be a lame Friday night, I was in need of some beacon instruction and deserved some reward in the shape of wine in a thermos.
The next Saturday night was a very hick-hobbie-filled evening. After a short snowmobile ride somewhat out of town we came to the shooting range where I was taught how to hold and shoot a rifle for my first time. I only shot one bullet because honestly, my body couldn't take much more adrenaline at that point. It really wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be, but it was most definitely as loud.
I've added some other photos from a little walk I went on out to the church hoping to get a good view of the sun shining on the mountains, but wouldn't you know it, it was cloudy!
The next Saturday night was a very hick-hobbie-filled evening. After a short snowmobile ride somewhat out of town we came to the shooting range where I was taught how to hold and shoot a rifle for my first time. I only shot one bullet because honestly, my body couldn't take much more adrenaline at that point. It really wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be, but it was most definitely as loud.
I've added some other photos from a little walk I went on out to the church hoping to get a good view of the sun shining on the mountains, but wouldn't you know it, it was cloudy!
Probing for the beacon
Making Espen pause on his knees with a bad leg so that I can take his picture.
Don't worry we know how funny we are, and look.
As promised, better photos of reindeer, which we can see everywhere now that it's light out. This is the little baby one that I got all excited about.
To the South where the sun can now be seen peaking over the glacier for a bit if you're in the right place at the right time.
The sun did eventually break through the clouds and on to the mountains on the other side of the fjord but I was nearly home by then.
Much Love.
Much Love.
I thought the red shed was the church! Haha
ReplyDeleteJackson just has his first TOFU and loved it! My little vegan baby!
Wow it is really nice in the almost daylight, the church looks beautiful...my kind of church serving waffles! Just think there were lots of reindeer around in the dark!
ReplyDeleteBear these photos are amazing! its so nice to see more of what you see everyday. its so out of my world; I love it!
ReplyDeletehaha I also thought the small red shack was the church for a minutes there!
mmmm waffles
Can you feed the Reindeer? They look really close and domestic, are they?
ReplyDeletehaha no mom! Don't feed the bear :)
DeleteBut yes, they are very tame.